for 4 servings
- 2 yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup cashews (65 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (450 g), cooked, for serving
- Calories 581
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 109g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Peel and chop the carrot. Peel and quarter the onion.
- Add the vegetables to a large pot or Dutch oven of boiling salted water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender. Remove the boiled vegetables and save about 1 ½ cups of the cooking water.
- Add the cashews, boiled vegetables, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, reserved cooking water, and nutritional yeast to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the macaroni and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply