for 1 bread bowls
- 1 bread bowl
- cheese, as needed
- tomato soup
- Calories 816
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 156g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Remove the top of the roll. Using a small knife cut around the inside of the bread (being careful not to cut through the sides) and scoop out the center of the roll – save this for later.
- Butter the inside of the roll and place 3-4 cheese slices around the inner edge of the bread bowl. Bake in a preheated oven at 375˚F (190˚C) for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the saved center of the roll in half. Butter both sides and create a cheese sandwich.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat and fry the sandwich until both sides are browned and the inner cheese has melted.
- Remove the bread bowl from the oven. Fill with tomato soup and serve with the grilled cheese.