for 1 sandwich
- 1 hamburger bun
- 2 ground beef patties, 1/4 pound (110 grams)
- 2 slices american cheese
- ⅓ cup onion (50 g), grilled, diced
- sandwich pickle, optional
- butter, as needed
- Brush melted butter on the inside surfaces of the hamburger bun and place on a pan or griddle on low heat.
- While the bun is toasting, flatten each beef patty so that it’s about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick.
- Place the cheese in the middle of one of the patties, then cover it with the other patty.
- Push the patties together and pinch the edges, assuring there are no holes for the cheese to seep through.
- Place meat on a griddle or pan over medium high heat. Cook 5-10 minutes per side or until cheesy juices start spilling out.
- Add pickles to the bottom half of the bun, followed by the onions. Then top it off with the cooked burger and top bun.
- Get your chompers ready! But be careful – the cheese is super hot inside!
Leave a Reply