for 1 toast
- 1 slice bread
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 242
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- With a spoon, press down on the center of the bread to form a pocket.
- Line the edges of the bread with butter, and crack an egg into the pocket.
- Line the edges of the bread with shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper, and bake at 400°F (204°C) for 10-15 min. 10 min will have a runny yolk whereas 15 min will have a firmer yolk.